Saturday, August 27, 2011

August 27th 2011


Recently, on a road trip with one of my best friends Johanna Banana, we stopped at a Barnes and Noble in Palm Desert. After perusing the titles for a long while, I came upon "A Tale Dark & Grimm" by Adam Gidwitz.

I picked it up, intrigued by the cover (which is awesome), and continued on to the introduction. It is amazing. I was caught off guard. Gidwitz had me laughing so hard that I was tearing up. In this, he takes several fairy tales/children's tales, especially ones from Grimm's Fairy tales and writes them in an entertaining and intricate children's tale.

It's awesome to read a YA/Middle grade novel that can be funny for both adults and kids. That has perfectly placed humor and blood. Lots and lots of blood. I'm a little less than half of the way through thus far. I'll let you know how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment