Monday, June 18, 2012

Stargirl


Stargirl (Stargirl, #1)Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I thoroughly believe that anyone in the world will love this novel. I finished feeling good about myself and empowered to make good changes in the world and in myself. I strongly recommend reading this book.

Meet Stargirl Caraway. She’s a mysterious, happy go lucky, and unique girl living in an all too familiar cookie-cutter world.

She’s compassionate, considerate, and goes the extra mile for everyone… Which is why the people in her school don’t understand her. She is written off as weird. Bizarre.

Stargirl doesn’t notice..at first. She goes on to serenade people with her ukulele on their birthdays, wear strange clothing to school, and cheer for her school and their rivals during games.
But Stargirl isn’t obvious. Soon she starts to see the differences between herself and the others around her. In fact, she sees more than most humans do in a lifetime. Stargirl just believes in following her heart, which is harder to do that we’d all like to admit.

Follow Stargirl as she learns, grows, and falls in love in this amazing novel that teaches that though it’s not easy, it’s always important to be true to oneself.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment