Sunday, April 26, 2009

Work. And. Toil.

Every morning is a beautiful morning to be alive.

Every morning is also a morning that I have to get up and go to work.

Don't get me wrong. I know that with the way the economy is, it is a blessed thing that I am even employed. But I can't help but feeling that I am wasting away my life.

I'm not helping anyone through my job. No one's life will be happier or easier because of me. I am not bringing clarity into clouded lives. My best friend said it best...."We are retail slaves."

Just because I am working retail does NOT mean that I am an idiot! The things people say to you whilst working retail, are things I wouldn't say to my worst enemy. When I get a chance I will post some joyous and entertaining customer interactions. Next time you're shopping in a store, and you find yourself getting upset at an employee, please remember that we're people too.

No comments:

Post a Comment